Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bamboo iphone case




This trip to Portland has been very enchanting. I've started fantasizing about moving back there. I miss the D.I.Y spirit that everyone seems to have. There are so many wonderful handcrafted items done by local artists. It definitely is the city I group up in. I am inspired from this trip and hope to make more things this next year.

While I was in Portland, I had the opportunity to help out Engrave, one of the companies that helps produce the product featured above. This is a bamboo iphone case that is part machined, part handcrafted by Grove. Then it is taken to Engrave to be laser engraved and packaged. You can personalize the case by engraving your own image or you can select from one of the artist series.

The packaging is one of my favorite parts about this product. It comes in a frame that is the left over scrap from when it was machined. Once opened you can use the frame as a picture frame! Very eco friendly!

You can purchase one here:
http://www.grovemade.com

Because each product is handmade and the demand for the product is high you should expect 8-10 weeks to receive the product after you have ordered it.

1 comment:

  1. I love these! It makes me want to get an iphone4 just so I can dress it in bamboo.

    ReplyDelete